PierPass Monthly Transaction Data
As part of our monthly newsletters we provide a summary of the latest transaction data from marine terminal operators (MTOs) at the Port of Los Angeles and Port of Long Beach. Below please find data from the month of July 2013.
Truck activity information is derived from RFID data.
Average in-terminal turn time:
- 40.9 minutes day shift
- 41.3 minutes night shift
(Excluding lunch hour, breaks and trouble tickets)
In-terminal turn time is the average amount of time a truck is inside a terminal to complete a transaction. Turn time at individual terminals will vary depending on time of day and other factors. The average in-terminal turn time in June 2013 was 36.4 minutes for the day shift and 38.7 minutes for the night shift.
Frequent callers* average moves per day:
- 14% trucks 5 or moves per day
- 20% trucks 4 moves per day
- 28% trucks 3 moves per day
- 22% trucks 2 moves per day
- 16% trucks 1 move per day
*The ports define frequent callers as trucks making one or more moves per weekday. Average moves per day by frequent callers tells us how many moves a truck can make if it is working every day. In July 2013, 34 percent of frequent callers made four or more moves per day.
Day vs. Night Gates:
- Average daily number of day gate moves: 15,926
- Average daily number of night gate moves: 17,577
- Number of day shifts open: 24
- Number of night shifts open: 17
The number of unique trucks calling on the ports in July was 10,984.
- Most terminals were closed on July 4th; all terminals were closed for Bloody Thursday on July 5th; many terminals were closed for Harry Bridges Birthday on July 29th.